City of Indianapolis
Senior Manager of Marketing; January 2013 – April 2016
- Developed and launched a social media plan which was recognized by a prominent recreation consulting firm as best in class.
- Work collaboratively with the City of Indianapolis’ Director of Communications to author web, social, PR, external and internal communications content to enrich governmental branding.
- Exercised crisis communications skills while serving as the department’s liaison to Emergency Operations. This skill was critical during the snowstorm of 2014.
- Partner with operations division to ensure proper marketing mix.
- Present quarterly key performance indicator reports to the City’s Executive Board including Mayor, Chief of Staff, Deputy, other department directors.
- Draft media releases, as well as develop content and publish e-newsletters using Delivra, a HTML email marketing tool.
- Spearheaded and implemented the sale of Indy Parks Fun (Gift) Cards as promotional items.
- Re-positioned monthly and annual passes for weight rooms and Eagle Creek Park.
- Served on product specifications and launch team for new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Challenged normal policies and procedures while implementing the new CRM to maximize marketing position.
- Responsible for grass roots marketing implementation through the indirect supervision and management of 200+ employees in very busy, fast paced setting.
Program and Operations Analyst; June 2011 – 2012
- Developed a SharePoint solution to manage deposit tracking / processing reduction savings of $300,000+ (NPV).
- Led a team to develop and analyze the ordering, tracking, serving, and payment process map for meal service to over 100 locations.
- Provided an integrated solution between the third-party food vendor and city program monitors to automatically place orders and provide drivers with packaging slips.
- Utilized SharePoint to write a data entry form enabling food monitors to enter food counts at the transaction point via iPad thus reducing data entry time.
- Designed operational strategies to reduce un-served meals from 4% to less than 2%.
- Developed database solutions to reduce point of service employee’s administrative work burden. Examples include staff in-service training, pool maintenance records, boilerplate partnership and donation agreements.
- Managed two Six-Sigma Projects, including an overhaul of our product portfolio and improving efficiency of our summer food program including reaching break even.
- Performed program portfolio management, streamlining reporting and improving marketing through naming standards.
Park Manager – Aquatics Division; December 2006 – June 2011
- Supervised a staff consisting of between 15 and 25 employees.
- Developed a Microsoft Access solution to project annual divisional spending plan.
- Supervised acquisition, receipt, and analysis of $300k in supplies annually.
- Provided annual presentation and materials on operational balance sheets for the division.
- Developed a Microsoft Access / SharePoint / SQL solution for managing divisional records related to training, operational hours, chemical inventory, and pool condition.
Seasonal Work – Aquatics Division; June 1999 – December 2006
IATSE Local 30
Stagehand and Electrics Instructor; 2001 – Current, part-time
- Employment at various venues throughout Indianapolis
Wayne Township Fire Department
Firefighter / EMT; 2001 – 2005, part-time